Origin and distribution:
Country of origin: South West Asia
Cultivation: Mainly in countries with mediterranean or subtropical climate (Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, United States, Iran, Morocco, Syria), but it can grow in northern regions like the British Isles, as well.
Vitamins A, E, D, B1, B2 and B6, magnesium, calcium, saturated fatty acids, including omega - 3.
- Helps digestion
- Lowers cholesterol
- Nourishes the brain
- Stimulates the nervous system and the concentration
- Relieves pain in the muscles and joints
- Powerfully nourishes hair and skin
- Moisturizes, brightens, improves tone and complexion
- An excellent anti-aging agent
- Calms, relieves and prevents problems and inflammations
- Cures and regenerates the skin surface
How the stars use it?
Melanie Griffith applies almond oil on her hair to give it shine and prevent the tangling of the ends. Katy Perry mixes the oil with an egg and puts it like a mask on her face to achieve baby soft skin.