Origin and distribution
Country of origin: South America
Cultivation: Worldwide, mainly in regions with tropical climates such as West Africa
50% essential oil, vitamin E, K, B, antioxidants, flavonoids, iron, fibers
- Supports the health of the heart and the brain
- Helps with infectious conditions and diseases of the kidneys, the lungs, the liver and the bladder
- Lowers the blood pressure and is good for diabetic patients
- Improves the mood and energizes
- Strengthens and smoothes the skin and makes it thicker
- Stimulates the production of melanin
- Recommended for sensitive and problematic skin
- Protects against free radicals, sunlight, aging
- Treats skin problems
- Helps with cellulite and stretch marks
How the stars use it?
The celebrities may run from the cocoa in their diets like a devil from incense, but they do not miss to use it in their cosmetic products, especially during and after pregnancy, when they want to combat the stretch marks. Examples of this are Christina Aguilera and Gwyneth Paltrow.