Country of origin: Cape Verde, Canary Islands, Southern Europe, North and East Africa, the Mediterranean, South East India
Cultivation: In most regions with moderate climate
Valuable substances in lavender:
150 therapeutic substances, including vitamin A, calcium and iron
- Relieves stress, anxiety and insomnia
- Relieves muscle aches, headaches, stomach upsets
- Reduces bleeding
- Improves blood circulation
- Acts antibacterial, antiseptic and antibiotic
- Softens, moisturizes, tones and tightens
- Treats skin disorders, including acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss
- Stimulates cellular processes
- Soothes redness and burns
How do celebrities use it?
Actress Charlize Theron pours a few drops of lavender oil in the bath water or rubbs it in the ends of her hair.