Grape seed oil - a magic ingredient
Grape seed oil is extracted from the seeds of the grape variety Vitis Vinifera. A natural source of fatty acids, vitamins E, C and D, and antioxidants, it has countless valuable properties as medical, culinary and cosmetic ingredient.
The Vitis Vinifera variety originates from Asia, but in the 17th century it was brought in Europe and the US. The ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Europeans used it in their healing practices, and today Italy is among its largest manufacturers for mass use (external and internal).
The grape oil has irreplaceable advantages as a remedy. It has proven to be a successful tool in the treatment of sore throat, constipation, kidney and liver problems. It has strong antiseptic and regenerative properties and is appropriate for all skin types.
It has the ability to relieve swelling after injury or surgery, stops the development of certain type of cancer cells, promotes the recovery after chemotherapy, cures chronic vascular insufficiency, assisting the pumping of the blood, protects the heart, lowering the blood pressure, protects the brain from nervous breakdown, reduces problems with the eyesight, supports the treatment of diabetes.
The grape seed oil is especially preferred cosmetic ingredient because of its ability to control the moisture balance of the skin.It contains larger amounts of linoleic acid than many other natural oils, which makes it indispensable assistant in the strengthening of the cell membranes and blood vessels, in the protection against free radicals and environmental stress, in the fight against inflammation and imperfections.
The grape seed oil is effective in the hair care, too. Because of its moisturizing and regenerating properties, it acts as a deep moisturizer for the scalp, makes hair soft and silky shiny, reduces frizz, improves the blood circulation and successfully helps to combat dandruff.
How does the grape seed oil affect skin and hair?
- Hydrates the skin and seals the moisture - especially suitable for dry and very dry skin (can be applied as a base under foundation or powder)
- Hydrates and nourishes the hair from the root to the tip
- Supports the cells and tissue regeneration
- Strengthens elastin and collagen
- Stimulates the contractions of the tissues - improves skin elasticity
- Reduces the signs of aging - anti-aging effect
- Removes dark circles under the eyes, scars and stretch marks on the body
- It has anti-inflammatory properties - unclogs the pores, treats acne and eczema
- Improves the skin tone and brightens the complexion
- Strengthens the hair growth
- Protects the hair from future damage
- Extremely tolerant to sensitive scalp
- Maintains the pH balance of the scalp
Light and delicate, the grape seed oil is quickly absorbed, leaving a soft, almost intangible, film on the skin surface without causing allergic reactions. This gives it a leading position in aromatherapy massages.
Grape seed oil is one of the 5 oils added to the new formula of the Aroma Style hair dye.