Nutrition and hair loss
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be your food."
Inspired by the words of the famous healer, we’ve summarized some of the most important principles of healthy eating to help you overcome hair loss more easily.
- Try to have a varied and balanced diet, so your hair does not feel any lack or excess of any substance.
- Try not to mix incompatible foods, such as carbohydrates and proteins, for optimal absorption of nutrients and waste reduction.
- It is important to know that excessive accumulation of toxins in the body, as a result of improper diet, leads to hair problems.
- Keep in mind that stomach detoxifies itself every morning and so in order not to obstruct this process it is better to have your breakfast after 9 am.
- Drink more water. In addition to flushing out the poisons accumulated in the body, it prevents hair loss caused by fragmentation.
- Eat foods in their natural state whenever possible, since heat treatment destroys much of their useful ingredients.
- Eat slowly and in a relaxed atmosphere, so your body is able to extract the maximum amount of “fuel”, needed for hair growth.
- Make sure your menu contains enough proteins. Keratin, the main component of hair (≈91%), is a type of protein.
- Limit the consumption of highly acidic foods (sweets, alcohol, cola, etc.) that violate the pH balance of the body and waste its stock of valuable vitamins and minerals.
- Eat more foods rich in vitamin E and B5, which increase blood flow to the scalp and support hair growth.
- Give yourself plenty of antioxidants (vitamins A, E and C, polyphenols, carotenoids, etc.) to avoid the risk of hair loss caused by the damage of free radicals.
- Strengthen the capillaries supplying the hair follicles with nutrients and oxygen, consuming products containing vitamin C and folic acid.
- Get adequate amounts of minerals: zinc, calcium, magnesium, sulfur and iron.
- Do not underestimate the enormous potential of seeds, nuts and sprouts.
If hair loss is prolonged and serious - consult a dermatologist and use specialized cosmetic products.
Coming soon - Sample menu in hair loss.