What you don’t know about your face and skin?
We, humans have the ungrateful tendency to (not) accept our physical characteristics, without thinking why are they the way they are? But if we ask ourselves how well we know our face and skin, probably we won’t meet the requirements for 3 of six-point scale. That’s why we selected some of the most funny and strange facts about the face and skin:
• The human face has over 40 muscles, which in combination with the nerves and tissues can express about 5,000 different emotions.
• In a kiss are involved 30 facial muscles, mainly located in the cheeks. Therefore, the more passionately and long you are kissing, the more toned skin you will have.
• A smile takes about 20 muscles, a frown - over 40, and a crying - 50. So smile. This, not only saves your energy but also raises your mood.
• Each hair has a microscopic muscle, which raises it in horripilation.
• The nose and the ears are the organs that don’t stop growing throughout life. This is mainly due to changes in the cellular structure - the breakdown of cartilage cells and weakening of the supporting tissues.
• All mammals have eyelashes, composed of 97% keratin and 3% water.
• The life of a lash is 90 days. It takes 4-8 weeks for the eyelashes to reach their optimum size of 1 cm.
• At the base of the eyelashes live microscopic bugs - Demodex that crawl out while you sleep. But actually these are good organisms that feed on skin cells and thus prevent the follicles of the eyelashes from clogging.
• Over 1,000 species of bacteria live on the skin. They form the so-called skin microbiome. Most of them constitute a healthy microflora maintaining the functions of the skin barrier.
• Each baby is born with blue eyes, because melanin is concentrated in one place. After about six months it spreads and then the actual eye color and skin tone can be determined.
• After reaching the age of 29 years the skin begins to lose 1% collagen per year.
• The skin of the eyelids is the most thin - 0.02 mm, and the thickest is that of the feet - 1.4 mm.
• Everyone has its own skin odor, which can be recognized by his closest people (child, lover). It is a combination of genes, environment, hygiene and cosmetic products.
• Since ancient times, wrinkles, freckles, pigmentation spots, flaking skin and pimples are considered imperfections that destroy the natural beauty. The ancient Romans used fat from swan or crocodile, as well as donkey milk, to smooth out their wrinkles. They treated their pimples and freckles with ash of snails.
• Wrinkles don’t result from dehydration but from lack of collagen. But maintaining optimal skin moisture with an appropriate cosmetic product can help their removal.
The skin needs certain vitamins to be healthy: vitamin A (against sun damages and cellulite), vitamin C (an antioxidant that stimulates the production of vitamin E and provides sun protection), vitamin D (reduces pigment spots and growths) and vitamin E (an antioxidant protecting against free radicals and premature aging).
Our face and skin possess physiological characteristics that we can not change. But it depends only on us to extend their life cycle, so they can serve us as long as possible. The cosmetic products and especially the skin care products are designed to help us in this task.
Thanks to the high quality formulas, enriched with the components involved in natural cell processes, an anti-wrinkle cream with anti-aging effect or specialized active ingredients can visibly and quickly improve the overall look of the skin and face.