Why body cream is not suitable for face?
To apply a body cream on your face is the same as to mount an engine of "Lada" under the hood of "Porsche". Except that both cars are mutually incompatible to their technical parameters, you will not go far. Similarly, because of its finer and more delicate structure, the face skin needs more gentle care and specific ingredients to satisfy its needs. Here are some concrete reasons why body cream is not suitable for face!
• Facial skin is much thinner and more sensitive than that of the body, so the care of it should be different - with more caution and perseverance.
• The main purpose of body skin care (at any age) is to keep it soft and moisturized, but the needs of face skin change with age and this requires adaptation of cosmetic care to them. You need to use particular products for acne, pimples, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc. on the face, not on the body, and conform their formulas to the type of your skin.
• The skin of the body is exposed to more severe external influences in comparison with that of the face. For example, we repeatedly wash our hands with soap during the day, but we clean our faces only morning and evening, moreover, with gentle soap free cleansers following the advice of specialists. Thus, hand skin becomes several times drier and rougher and needs much larger dose of hydration, and therefore products with more enriched and nourishing texture.
• Since the primary purpose of body cream is to relieve dry and irritated (by clothes and climate) skin, it often has a denser texture and contains more oily ingredients (mineral oil, petroleum, natural extracts) that improve its protective barrier. Applied to the face, however, it may be too heavy and cause clogging, inflammation and even allergic reactions.
• On the other hand, face cosmetic products also take care of the protective barrier of the skin, but they are intended for specific needs - anti-aging, sun protection, acne treatment, periocular skin care. Their formulas are lighter and are necessarily classified as hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (i.e. they don’t clog the pores), and if possible they are highly tolerant, as well.
Knowing the functions of body cream and face cream and understanding why they can not be interchanged is not just a matter of elementary common culture, but also of the most effective care for each area of our skin. Because the use of the right cosmetic product on the correct part of the body will provide better results.