How to choose a mouthwash?
If we want to enjoy healthy, clean, white teeth and fresh breath, we should not miss the use of mouthwash in our daily oral hygiene. And believe us, this recommendation is not an advertising trick. Some studies show, that people who use mouthwash twice daily, visit more rarely a dentist than those who skip this mandatory final step in the dental care.
You may already be wondering what is so specific in the use of mouthwash. The formula, the ingredients and the duration of use require attention.
- It is very important to select the mouthwash properly, i.e. according to the needs of the oral cavity.
- To clean the plaque, which is a major cause of the most common diseases in the oral cavity and to remove bacteria causing bad breath is advisable to trust a mouthwash with antimicrobial effect (Astera Total mouthwash) with citilpiridinhlorid and fluorine.
- In case of gum disease such as gingivitis or periodontitis or sensitive teeth, dentists recommend specialized mouthwash (Astera Parodont Active mouthwash), whose formula with chlorhexidine and aluminum lactate considerably tightens the gums and removes bacteria causing periodontitis.
- After surgical interventions in the oral cavity, before and after tooth extraction or implant placement, piercing, tartar cleaning, bleeding and other inflammation it is advisable to use a medical mouthwash - concentrate (Astera Parodont Stop), which has more powerful and even healing effect than ordinary mouthwashes.
- For refreshing, cleaning and protection of the oral cavity in good dental health is sufficient to include in our routine a mouthwash with prophylactic purpose (Astera Fresh mouthwash). The combination of active ingredients (cetyl pyridinium chloride, fluoride, menthol, thymol, eucalyptol) limits the growth of bacteria, prevents the accumulation of plaque and tartar, protects against inflammation and caries and provides fresh breath.
- If the enamel is colored and needs whitening, we can use Astera Power White mouthwash, which contains ingredients for harmless bleaching, 12-hour protection against deposits, plaque and yellowing.