How to fight mimic wrinkles?
Mimic wrinkles are one of the earliest marks that life leaves on our faces. Day after day, we smile, frown, wonder, express pain and sadness, unaware that every single emotion or an involuntary grimace carves our skin with an invisible chisel...
There are a great number of muscles, attached to the skin, surrounding the human skull. Contracting, these muscles pull the skin up or down, revealing our emotions. The result of our mimics over the years are the furrows on the forehead, the nasolabial folds, the wrinkles around the outer corner of the eyes, bearing the name "crow's feet", and the vertical lines between the eyebrows.
Unfortunately, we cannot stop the process of their formation, unless we permanently paralyze our facial muscles. But who would prefer an expressionless face rather than a smiling one, even at the cost of a few wrinkles?
We do not have to deprive ourselves of individuality and to suppress our feelings in order to get rid of the signs of aging. Instead, we can focus our efforts on maintaining the elasticity of the skin for a longer period of time. No matter how much we pout (although it is better for everyone not to do it) no wrinkles will appear on our faces, if the skin is able to quickly return to its original position after the release of mimic muscles.
Here's how you can prolong the youthfulness of your skin:
- Regular cleaning and exfoliating of the face removes dead cells, thereby facilitating the renovation of skin tissue.
- A massage, performed by your own hands or in a beauty salon, is an excellent tool for improving circulation and maintaining the muscle tone.
- A healthy, balanced diet provides the skin with a regular flow of valuable nutrients, retaining its strong immunity.
- The adequate intake of water is also essential for maintaining the flexibility and firmness of your face’s outer shell.
- It is also important to protect yourself from ultraviolet rays, which unnoticeable damage the collagen fibers, even in dark and cold days. For this purpose, you would need sunglasses (without which we unduly narrow the muscles around the eyes), sunscreen cosmetics and a hat, preferably with a wide brim.
- It is always good to limit your unhealthy habits, which, in one way or another, facilitate the formation of wrinkles. These include smoking, bathing with hot water, and sleeping with your face buried in the pillow.
- And last but not least, it is necessary to make the application of moisturizing, and after a certain age - regenerating cream, an indispensable part of your beauty habits. The right choice of cosmetics compensate for the lack of moisture and nutrients, caused by external or internal factors. It is better to opt for ingredients such as vegetable oils, hyaluronic acid, coenzyme Q10, collagen, peptides, vitamins A, C and E, which are renowned for being the most effective anti-aging agents.