How to make your makeup last longer at the prom night?
A skillfully applied maquillage is able to turn you into a real princess for the prom, maintaining your lovely appearance long after midnight. So wave the wand. It is time for magic!
- Start preparing for the exciting event by exfoliating your face (including the lips) several days in advance. This will remove the dead and flaking skin layer and will create a solid foundation for the festive makeup.
- On the day of the prom, just before make-up, clean your face again, but this time using a more delicate product, such as tonic.
- The next step is applying a light moisturizer. Wait for 2 or 3 minutes and wipe up the remainder with a napkin.
- Apply a special base for make-up (primer). Besides smoothing out roughness on your skin, it prevents your makeup from being damaged by excess sebum and sweat.
- After the primer comes the foundation. From the viewpoint of durability it is better to use one with powder or liquid texture but without lubricating ingredients.
- Do not forget your lips and eyelids, applying foundation on your face. It will make lipstick and eye shadow much longer lasting.
- Opt for a waterproof mascara, to have complete freedom to cry for joy during the celebration.
- If you have decided to use an eyelash curler, put it briefly under the hair dryer. Thus your lashes will retain their curves over time.
- In order for your eyelids makeup to last longer, apply a thin layer of flesh-colored shadows before the actual shade you’ve chosen.
- If you want to emphasize the contour of your eyes, do it with an eyeliner instead of a pencil - it will surely last longer.
- Choose a lip liner whose color most resembles that of your preferred lipstick and fill your lips with it. This way the lipstick will have a firmer “base”.
- Using a small brush, apply lipstick in two thin layers. Thus, even if the surface layer gets erased, the lower one will remain intact.
- After the first layer, place a cloth between your lips and lightly press them together. After the second layer, sprinkle them with some colorless powder (directly or through a fine napkin) to seal color.
- Keep in mind that matte lipsticks last longer than pearl and creamy ones.
- To finish, apply a colorless powder or special fixative spray on your entire face, just so you can still look fabulous even after the clock strikes twelve.
Probably, you will be surprised how stable and fixed your makeup has become when you try to remove it. But do not worry. Aroma Face products will make cleaning easy as soon as you are ready to put an end to the tale and start a new one.