How to restore your hair after coloring?
Fortunately, thanks to advanced technology, hair dyeing is no longer what it was. The market offers plenty of dyes with friendly formulas, which do not exhaust, but nourish hair, making it more vital and shiny than ever. However, it is always beneficial to take an extra care for your hair after dyeing to restore it from the systemic treatment, which inevitably affects it.
- • It is strongly recommended to reduce hair washing up to twice a week. Thus the scalp will maintain normal sebum secretion, which will protect the hair from drying and will give it shine and strength at the same time.
- • It is important to use a shampoo with strengthening, repairing and healing ingredients of natural origin (bamboo, olive oil, Q10), specially formulated for exhausted or restructured hair to fill the gaps in the hair structure and to nourish and hydrate the hair in depth. If your scalp is sensitive, better choose specialized formulas.
- • The use of conditioner in each hair washing becomes even more necessary when it comes to restoration of the hair after dyeing. Its formula must be also designed for damaged or restructured hair or especially for colored hair. The product must be applied in the right way - along the length of the hair and with optimal time before rinsing.
- • For maximum recovery of the hair it is good to apply a mask once a week. Choose a mask from the same series like your shampoo and conditioner to enhance the effect of the ingredients for damaged or restructured hair.
- • Experts recommend avoiding styling procedures if your hair is damaged due to dyeing. They also advise to let your hair dry naturally after washing, to avoid using heated appliances or if you still do it - to apply a heat protection product first. Complex and tight hairstyles, as well as the use of inappropriate accessories, can damage your hair, and lead to its breakage and weakening.
- • Combing at least twice daily is very useful for the hair as it helps spreading of nourishing natural fats along its length. It is best to use a brush with natural bristles, which is scalp friendly and prevents hair from breakage.
- • Good blood circulation in the scalp reflects positively on the hair growth. Therefore it is useful to spend a few minutes daily to stimulate it by massage. But it is important to massage gently with your fingertips using circular motions.
- • It is recommended to reduce the visits to the hairdresser for dyeing, if your hair is in very poor condition, but to cut its ends regularly. Along with this, consume more foods rich in protein, omega-3 fatty acids and iron (fish, avocados, nuts, spinach, flax seeds) and drink more water.
The best favor that you can do your hair when dyeing it, is to select high-quality and hair friendly dyes from trusted brands, containing large amount of natural oils (macadamia, argan, etc.). In combination with the care advices of the experts, the recovery of your hair will start even during the process of dyeing.